Learn to Benefit Your Pets Life
How does CBD Oil Help Pets?
- CBD Oil helps any mammal with an array of subjects; anti-inflammatory properties, cardiac benefits, anti-nausea effects, appetite stimulation, anti-anxiety impact, anti-cancer properties & seizure disorders.
Possible Side Effects?
- Dry mouth: Research has shown that CBD can decrease the production of saliva. For dogs, this would manifest as increased thirst.
- Lowered blood pressure: High doses of CBD have been known to cause a temporary drop in blood pressure. Even though the drop is small, it might create a brief feeling of light-headedness.
- Drowsiness: Dog owners have used CBD to treat anxiety. The calming effect of CBD can also cause slight drowsiness, especially when using higher doses.
CBD Is Not Psychoactive
CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound found in cannabis and hemp. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) can also be found in cannabis. It’s this compound that gives marijuana its psychoactive properties. Most CBD oils are just that … the beneficial CBD without the THC. And they typically come from hemp, not marijuana. In short, your dog won’t get “high” from CBD oil … he’ll get the relaxation without the intoxication.
CBD Oil Reduces Anxiety
Does your dog suffer from separation anxiety or noise phobias? CBD has been extensively studied for its effect on stress and anxiety. In humans, research shows it can:
- Reduce anxiety caused by public speaking
- Reduce anxiety in both healthy people and people with anxiety disorders
- Be effective for panic disorders and post-traumatic stress disorders
CBD Can Fight Cancer
Research shows CBD oil and other substances in hemp and cannabis have an anti-tumor effect. It has even been shown to stop cancer cells from growing and increase tumor cell death.
- Helps the immune system’s killer cells to cause cancer cell death
- Kills cancer cells by blocking their ability to produce energy
- Has anti-tumor properties that slow and inhibit glioma cell growth
- Can help increase the efficacy of conventional cancer treatment
CBD Can Treat Seizures And Epilepsy
Estimates suggest that up to 5% of dogs suffer from seizures. Most dogs with seizures are given drugs such as phenobarbital and potassium bromide. Sure, these drugs may help control the seizures. But they can be extremely harmful to your dog’s liver and other organs. And the drugs don’t work in all cases.
CBD has been shown to work well in drug-resistant epilepsy. In one study, 7 of 8 patients with drug-resistant epilepsy saw a definite improvement within 4 to 5 months.
In another study, 84% of children with drug-resistant epilepsy had a reduction in the frequency of seizures.
CBD Relieves Pain
The cannabinoids in CBD have also been shown to work well for pain. So well, in fact, that scientists are considering it as a new class of drug for the treatment of chronic pain. Studies show CBD to be very effective for reducing:
- Pain (including neuropathy and nerve-related pain)
- The impact of inflammation on oxidative stress (which causes degeneration and premature aging)
- Inflammation in acute pancreatitis
- General inflammation
- Intestinal inflammation (associated with irritable bowel disease)
CBD Can Help With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Animal studies show that CBD can prevent colitis (IBD) and restore normal gut motility in inflammatory bowel disease.
CBD also has antibiotic properties, including Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA).
CBD Reduces Chronic Inflammation And Autoimmune Disease
CBD has been shown to decrease the production and release of inflammatory cytokines. These can cause allergies, hypersensitivities, and autoimmunity. It can also suppress something called Th17 dominance, a major cause of autoimmune diseases.
CBD also inhibits the production of inflammatory macrophages and decreases chronic inflammation.
CBD is also a powerful antioxidant research show is more powerful than vitamins C and E.
CBD Can Protect The Nervous System And Help With Neurodegenerative Diseases
CBD shows a lot of promise for degenerative myelopathy and other spine and nerve issues. It’s also been shown to help patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. This is thanks to its ability to protect the brain cells from toxicity.
For senior dogs, CBD can protect the brain from cell death caused by free radicals and toxins.
CBD Increases Appetite And Helps With Nausea
If you have trouble getting your dog to eat, CBD may help. The National Cancer Institute reports that CBD increases appetite.
Studies show that CBD for dogs can help with vomiting and nausea, even when they’re the result of toxins and drugs.
CBD Promotes Cardiovascular Health
- reduce the damage from damaged blood vessels and irregular heart rates
- protect blood vessels from damage and dilate the arteries
- reduce heart rate and blood pressure associated with stress and anxiety
Bonus: CBD Oil For Dogs Is Legal And Safe
With so many studies showing the health benefits of CBD, the most encouraging result is that CBD appears to be safe, even when taken in high doses and over extended periods of time.
It can decrease the activity of liver enzymes used to metabolize many prescription drugs. So if your dog is on medication, you might want to check with your holistic vet before using CBD.
Most CBD oil for dogs and other pets comes from hemp oil, so it contains no or very small traces of THC. Because of this, hemp-based CBD products for humans and animals are legal in all 50 states.
The bottom line is, CBD oil could be a healthy (or even life-saving) herb for your dog. More and more pet owners and holistic vets are drawn to its diverse health benefits. And they feel good knowing the side effects are mild and animals don’t appear to build up a tolerance.
Choosing A Good CBD Oil For Your Dog
Not all CBD oils are the same … you’ll want a high-quality CBD oil that works, so here are a few things to look for:
- Make sure the product is organic: If it isn’t organic, your CBD oil contains pesticides, fungicides or solvents.
- Don’t cheap out: The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost. Don’t price shop … make sure your CBD oil is free of additives and has a good amount of CBD.
- Get the analysis: Ask for a lab analysis of the amount of CBD in the product. Many CBD oils contain only small amounts of CBD. The manufacturer should provide a certificate of analysis. You’ll also want to make sure there is little or no THC in the product.
- Buy CBD as a tincture: You can buy CBD in treats but the best form is in a tincture. This way, you can adjust your dog’s dose drop by drop to make sure he gets the most benefit.
Start your dog off slowly but don’t let the naysayers tell you CBD isn’t a good option for your dog … the research is continuing and the results are very promising.